Synthetic Wig Care
Watch the video below to see Wig Expert and creator of Wig Lift, Linda DiFronzo, demonstrate how to properly wash and style synthetic wigs with Wig Lift Synthetic Hair Care!
SYNTHETIC WIG CARE
Use Wig Lift Leave-In Conditioner a few times a week to keep your wig or hairpiece conditioned and prevent damage from friction and static electricity. Spray onto wig and comb through before wearing every few days. Focus especially on the back of the neck, as this area tends to break down the fastest from the heat of your body and clothes.
Shampoo approx. after 30 wearings (once a month if worn every day)
*Always use cool or lukewarm water- hot water will cause the synthetic fibers to break down faster
- Brush wig in all different directions before washing.
- Hold front of cap with hand, rinse under faucet wetting entire wig with cool to lukewarm water. Do not let hair float in water or go near the drain.
- Lather Wig Lift Shampoo in hand, then apply to wig and gently work it through the hair and cap. Rinse.
- Apply a small amount of Wig Lift Conditioner to hand and work it through the wig. Rinse.
- Gently squeeze excess water out of wig.
- Lay wig on towel, roll it up and squeeze to absorb excess water.
- Generously spray Wig Lift Leave-In Conditioner and comb through wig with a wide-tooth comb, brushing wig in all different directions.
- Place on wig stand and let wig AIR-DRY
- Once wig is dry, use 2-3 more sprays of Wig Lift Leave-In Conditioner for added static protection.
- For added hold and texture, spray Wig Lift Styling Aid and style as desired.
Other Tips for Synthetic Wig Care:
- Do not use any heat on your synthetic wig. This includes hair dryers, curling/flat irons, etc.
- Stay away from other sources of extreme heat when wearing your wig- opening ovens, grills, heat lamps on buffets, etc.
- Do not leave wig in a hot car or suitcase in extreme heat.
- Do not lay down or sleep with your wig on.
- Do not use bleaches, colors, or rinses on your wig. Products will not penetrate the fibers.